What we do
Parallel Property is one of the leading agencies covering The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and Prime Central London. Whether you are looking to sell or buy we are committed to providing an exceptional level of service and market intelligence - We genuinely care for you, for your property and for the outcome of each move and our advice is always tailored to your needs rather than to a corporate agenda.
We are very well connected with thousands of private client contacts spanning over quarter of a century as well as having excellent working relationships with all of the main London buying agents. This means that a large percentage of our sales are handled confidentially and we often achieve a premium for our sellers in this way as there are many buyers who attach value to such privacy.
During the sales process we are there to support you with every aspect and we offer a very human and intelligent alternative to the increasingly impersonal nature of the industry. We are there for you and will provide feedback after each viewing and frank, heartfelt advice every step of the way.
For a free valuation without obligation please don’t hesitate to contact us for a chat or to make an appointment.
Parallel Property can also act on your behalf to secure a house or flat. Unlike most buying agents we come to the search with 25 years of experience as selling agents. We therefore know every trick in the book when it comes to getting to the off market treasures and to understanding the process and the often missed steps in finding your desired address- we effectively become gamekeepers turned poachers on your behalf!
We always meet our clients before commencing their search to get a good idea of their vision and requirements. This helps us to focus on the key priorities and ensures we are accurate when presenting a short list of potential properties.
Our aim is to take the burden of searching away from you and to use our longstanding contacts with agents, developers and private individuals to help you buy well and ahead of the market:
- We always preview every house or flat to make sure they are suitable before shortlisting and we will arrange a chauffeur driven tour of viewings at a time that is suitable for you.
- Our longstanding relationship with many of those who work within the London market gives us the edge in negotiations and when searching for off market homes.
- We have strong links with solicitors, surveyors and architects and can offer advice on the best firm for you.
- Our search fee is often offset by the savings that we negotiate for the right property.
- The monthly magazines and agents websites are usually the last place that a property appears with the good quality stock under offer at the very early stages. We ensure that we are previewing well before the house or apartment is brought to the wider market.
- We have a large database of rental landlords who hold considerable stocks of rented property which we can access with a view to a discreet acquisition.
- Lastly we come to the process with a fairly unique perspective, having worked in sales in the prime and super prime sectors of Central London. This means that we have countless clients and developers who have bought from us over 25 years, many of whom will consider a sale outside of the usual marketing process.
For the buying service we only represent a small number of clients at any time and never work for more than one in each price field unless the search is vastly different. For the buying service we ask for a £1,500 (plus VAT) deposit which is taken off the final invoice figure. We then charge a percentage of the final purchase price.
Please don't hesistate to contact us for a chat or to make an appointment at a time to suit you.
Gareth Jones - Founder
Gareth Jones has specialised in the sale and acquisition of prime houses and apartments in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea for over 25 years and was previously a partner at Carter Jonas. Before that he worked in the super prime house department at Knight Frank for ten years in their Kensington office and also spent seven years before that building a property business covering Little Venice, Maida Vale, St. Johns Wood and Hampstead. He has been involved in many of the most significant sales in London and more recently in Holland Park, Addison Road, Holland Villas Road and Ilchester Place along with landmark transactions in the Phillimore Estate, and on Kensington Palace Gardens.
We undertake sales and searches in most of Prime London, along with West London, and our specific area of expertise is within the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea with a particular focus on Holland Park, Kensington and Notting Hill.